Adelaide Festival Centre together with Artistic Director for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival, David Campbell, announce the 2011 Adelaide Cabaret Festival program, 10 – 25 June.
The 2011 program features 50 international artists from the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada along side 224 Australian artists, 125 of those South Australian performers. Adelaide Cabaret Festival Artistic Director David Campbell says, “We are thrilled to announce this year’s program, my last as Artistic Director, and feel that we are truly delivering something out of this world. We have numerous international chart toppers. Tony winners and multiple Grammy award winning songwriters. We have the newest up and coming artists from all over the world. We have scores of shows debuting here at the Festival and we have our headliner – the most successful Australian singer of all time. How is that for going out with a bang? Thank you for coming with us on this incredible journey. It has been a blast and I look forward to seeing you at this year’s Festival”.
Headlining this year’s Cabaret Festival exclusive to Adelaide is international chart stopper, movie star, tireless fundraiser and Australian icon Olivia Newton-John. Having sold more than 100 million records worldwide Olivia will be accompanied by the Adelaide Art Orchestra in an evening that encompasses the highlights of her career.
Other highlights include:
• Michael Feinstein closing the Festival in a special performance which pays tribute to Sinatra
• Star of the critically acclaimed Mad Men, Bryan Batt, performs BATT on A Hot Tin Roof, a comical and moving musical showcase from the classics through to his experiences in shows including Saturday Night Fever and Cats,
• Jimmy Webb will share his inspiration and stories in an intimate performance An Evening with Jimmy Webb including a selection of his diverse and timeless work: Galveston, Wichita Lineman and Up, Up and Away.
• legendary Broadway star Chita Rivera (USA) performing selections from her most celebrated musicals including numbers from West Side Story, Sweet Charity and Chicago
• Rhonda Burchmore interprets the musical journey of Julie London in Cry Me A River The World of Julie London
• Melinda Schneider indulges her passion and performs Doris Day – So Much More Than the Girl Next Door.
• Grammy-winning, chart-topping superstar Leo Sayer delivers all of his greatest hits in The Show Must Go On
• 45 Years of Song sees Australian music industry legend Glenn Shorrock of Little River Band fame reminisce on a career spanning almost 50 years.
• Paul Capsis
• Tim Draxl
• Bert LaBonte
• Michael Griffiths
For further information: www.adelaidecabaretfestival.com.au