Riverside Theatres is proud to present the full program for its tenth annual children festival, delivered digitally this year. Bringing the best of children’s entertainment from across the nation and the world straight to your living room, the Spot On(line) Children’s Festival streams from Friday 17 September to Sunday 3 October 2021.
This year’s packed program features a fantastic line-up of entertainment, ranging across music, puppetry, circus and clowning, with live, participatory workshops on music-making, shadow puppetry and circus skills, as well as interactive watch parties where families can join the artists via a live chat for a special Q&A.
Highlights of the 2021 program include:
- The Box Show – in the hands of award-winning Junkyard Beats, ordinary household items are transformed into extraordinary musical instruments and unwanted junk comes alive in exciting and surprising ways. Ages 3+ years.
- Everybody Roar: The Best of Justine Clarke – Justine and her band invite families to sing and dance along with them to all her favourite classics. Ages 2 - 7 years.
- The Clown is Sad – a hilarious and deeply moving journey with the Clown, diving inside of ourselves and into where feelings are made, thoughts are born, and loneliness can be shared. Ages 2 – 8 years.
- Making Music with JoJo from Avocado Smash Workshop – an interactive musical workshop exploring the art of music-making with singing, body percussion, dancing and more. Ages 4 – 7 years.
- Spike the Echidna - told through the artform of contemporary shadow theatre, Spike is an interactive experience for the audience, with lively original music by Mal Webb. Ages 4 – 10 years. Workshop recommended for ages 6+ years.
- FoRT – an award-winning magical physical circus adventure for young people and their families. Ages 3+ years.
- Mountain Goat Mountain – an audio experience combining new technology and everyday objects with the ritual of theatre, the Threshold team open up the idea of transformative space in the family home. Ages 5+ years.
Spot On(line) Children’s Festival program and tickets can be found at https://riversideparramatta.com.au/category/whats-on/family/spoton2021/.
Prices: Individual events on demand from $8, Live watch parties and experiences from $10. Get 6 events with our All Access pass from just $39. Discounts available for Riverside Theatres’ Members.